Friday, June 13, 2008

The new Deastro?

The new band members of Deastro sounded pretty tight last night, right? The three new members are from The Weakend, a pop-punk/screamo/goth/jam band* from Sterling Heights**. This might already be common knowledge (I'm not one to read anything besides my own blog).

Years ago, I met the dudes from The Weakend at a ridiculous house party in Royal Oak. Turns out, I knew a couple of them from the reallllly old band, Forever Ending. Oh snap. I saw them play when I was in high school. This was after the Internetz were invented by Al Gore, so my friends and I used to think we were so cool travelling from the thumb region of Michigan to "Detroit"*** to see a real band that we had met on the said Internetz.

As far as I have "heard," The Weakend are still a band. Their singer, though, lives all the way in another country, called Alabama. Or is it Arkansas? Whichever state it is, it must be hard to play shows from that far away (~825 miles or ~890 miles, respectively). Do you video conference him in? We have that technology where I work, but it seems a little pricy for a band. Right?

Maybe they do the opposite of Champions of Breakfast and have him record the vocals and play them through an iPod while they are playing their instruments.

For those of you who didn't already know about my pre-existing medical condition, I would like to tell you about it right now. I am obsessed with Brendon Small****. Like, not the actual person, just all of his creative endeavors. That being said, I am going to see Dethklok on Tuesday, the 17th, at Clutch Cargos in Pontiac. If you would like to see me drooling and having panic attacks, then you should come with me or meet me at the show or just stare at me from the corner and blog about it later. I don't fucking care.

In other news, this is creepy as fuck! Imagine if it were like, 18 feet long instead of 18 inches. I'm still not convinced that an 18 foot long one doesn't exist.


*I really don't know what to call them. I don't like what their myspace page says though.
**Represent!
***what was actually Roseville
****we are Facebook friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was at the Long Beach Aquarium last weekend (in Long Beach no less) and they had leafy sea dragons there. They were really kind of cool in an aquarium sized sea creature kind of way. If they were 18 feet long they'd be even cooler, in a 'I'm a fucking leafy sea dragon and I'm here to destroy you' kind of way.