Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Flint.

Flint is the largest city in the United States with a one-syllable name. But that isn't it's claim to fame. The most well-known fact about Flint is that it is considered one of the most dangerous cities in the United States (#3 to be exact).

Now, I definitely don't want to start shit with any bands from Flint. Especially, Empty Orchestra. They are badasses to the bone. They played at a metal festival last month, and I am SOOOO glad I wasn't there. They probably would have beat me up or something.

I'm going to be quite honest with you, zombie movies scare the shit out of me. Most horror movies do. Creepy music also does. Their song "This Heart is a Monster" sends chills up my spine. All joking aside, it'll hook you in and eat you alive.

They recently released a music video for "It Gets Better", directed by Hott Garbage (who also directed a stunning, yet creepy vid for Mason Proper for their song "Friendship"). Would it be corny of me to say that this music video couldn't get better? Yes it would. But I am going to say it anyway. The music video for "It Gets Better" couldn't get any better, because it is already pretty damn amazing. The song is good too.

What is even scarier is that this band boasts over fourteen members (rotating, of course). Sounds like a gang to me. Their leader, Stephen, looks like the kind of guy that would murder you if you spelled his name with a "v" instead of a "ph." No lie.

These badasses play a lot of shows (mostly because they are such tough muthafuckas). So, uh, check them out.

No comments: