Sunday, June 15, 2008

The end of Detour.

Ohmyfuckinggod, I am tired as hell and sick of watching bands. I don't ever want to see a live show again as long as I live.

Next Friday, I will be going to Alvin's to see the Word Play and Sea of Japan.
The Word Play: This is a band I would like to make-out with. That stays between you and I, Mr. Blog. Don't tell anyone.



I passed out a lot of business cards today. I only found one crumpled up on the ground.

So the beginning of the day started off with a bang. I went to the CAID to see some bands. It was fun. I took pictures. I ate a fake hot dog with mustard and ketchup on it.

The Mahonies are rad. They write funny songs and do silly things on stage. I have nothing bad to say about them.


I watched the Pop Project play. They even said they weren't a real band. They didn't even have a real drummer. It was some dude from the Jackofflins. Fuck that shit. I hear the Pop Project is totally illiterate anyway. Which is good, because I don't want them to read this. I am not going to lie, though. I actually enjoyed their set. Mostly because I was wasted.



After the Poop Projkt played, I stood in the shade for a while. I don't like the sun, and I don't care who knows it. I continued to stay in the shade until some magical creatures took the stage. They called themselves Serenity Court. I think at this point I was hallucinating. I also did a lot of drugs before I went to the CAID. Not a good idea. So, Serenity Court, right? I dug them. I really like the lady who was playing the keyboards though. Her voice was faaaaantastic. I thought about stealing her so I could make her sing to me whenever I wanted to hear her, but then I realized that was SUPER FUCKING CREEPY.



Is this blog post over yet? I am sick of writing already.

So, after the CAID thing went down, I went home and took a nap. It was a horrible nap. I had napmares about blogging. Then I traveled back to the Majestic Garden Stick. I wandered around for a while. I knocked over some dude's beer, and threatened Zach Norton with the broken bottle because he made fun of me. It was intense. I was embarrassed, so I left the Garden Bowl. I wanted to see Mason Proper anyway. I like the Nice Device and all, but I heard that they were serving free beer at the Majestic. THAT WAS TOTALLY A LIE BY THE WAY AND I WAS VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS.

Mason Proper's lead singer is a dancing machine. He moves his feet a lot. I dig that. He also looks like Graham Coxon. I love Graham Coxon. I met a dude that looked like Jarvis Cocker at the CAID. It was Brit Pop Day in Detroit.

So anyway, back to Mason Proper. They are pretty fantastic, but they only played six songs. Here is my theory about the short set: that's all the songs they knew. Now, I own their first CD, but the more I listen to it, the more I realize that it is too good for a band from Alpena to write. Srsly. Maybe they had the same people who wrote the Pop Project's music write their music. Maybe they are illiterate too. That is too bad. I actually wanted them to read this blog.

Before I left (I left before Sloan went on, I only know that one song by them with the siren at the beginning), I ran into Melody from the Sirens and Riff2 fame. I told her about my blog, and she wanted me to give her a shout out, and to let everyone know that she is moving to Alabama soon. It's really too bad. Who the fuck moves to Alabama, besides that lead singer from the Weakend? Maybe her and him have a 'thing.' SCANDALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: