Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ladytron and Hanging out with John Nash

Last time I was at St. Andrew's Hall was three+ years ago when Muse played a free show. I was in the front row but this older dude squeezed in front of me. Between bands, he was telling his friend that he wished Muse had another CD other than "Absolution," and I was all like, "Excuse me, sir, that wasn't their first CD." and he got very angry with me and called me an idiot. When Muse started playing, everyone rushed the stage and I got pushed into him. He told me to get the hell off of him and he punched me in the mouth. My lip was bleeding. It was awesome. After the show, I hung out with Muse at Jacoby's.*

Today's show wasn't as dramatic, but some girls tried to start shit with me when my friend and I moved up through the crowd. My friend talked back to them, and I was trying to keep my head low. I didn't want another busted lip. Luckily for me, no fights broke out.

But Ladytron made me go blind.

Oh, but first, Datarock played. Here is my drawing of the drummer of Datarock (I didn't bring my camera).
His cymbal stand was really tall. He was the most amusing drummer I have seen in a long time.

Anyway, back to Ladytron and being blind. I had to drive home after that shit. Not cool. During Ladytron, I hung out with John Nash (Electric Six). He asked me if I was a reporter or something now, and I said that I was a blogger (I think he got a little nervous). He was telling me about how one of the keyboardists from Ladytron filled in for Tait when they were in Europe. Totally awesome. Then I saw Alicia and Matt from the Nice Device. I tried out for that band twice. You would think since I am obviously not in the band now, I would be trashing them, but I just can't bring myself to do that. They are good people. One time, Alicia slapped my ass. I was nervous about talking to Dennis Lxyzen** and she was all like, "just fucking do it, bitch!"*** Anyway, Tait was also there, and he was bothering me about my friend, and his ex-bandmate, Brandon Codiene****. I think I saw Koko Louise from the Hard Lessons roaming about. She is the best singer in the world. Period. Don't even try to argue with me about it. I will pwn you.

I also ran into Sean Shea, and I got his phone number. Hell yeah. Watch out. I'm all over it. His band is on hiatus because his sister (and bandmate) is going to be popping out a baby any day now. Gross.

Anyway, back to Ladytron and being blind. Oh wait, already said that. Shit. I don't know what else to say... Ladytron was awesome. At least they played 'seventeen.' And I got to hang out with John Nash.

Thanks again, Jasper. Your blog is hilarious*****. And a shout out to Vincent because it was cool seeing you again.

*and that is karma, bitch.
**spelling?
***she didn't actually call me a bitch
****Ghost City, holla.
*****but not as sweet as mine, bitch!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was fun seeing you again too. We should do it more often.

I sure showed those 16 year olds what was up.