Sunday, June 8, 2008

And now for a less "serious" post...

Oh, Canada, you will be missed (in your fullest form).

If you weren't at Annie Palmer's birthday party last night, you were probably at some other show or party that wasn't as cool. It's OK. We had enough fun for you.

DJ MITN EFKT was siiiick. He kept the dance floor bumping until closing time.

I would like to say this: I have never seen Matt Jones before, and I feel now that I have been cheated out of some amazing live shows. Why the fuck has no one ever suggested him to me??? I think it's a conspiracy to stop me from seeing totally sweet musicians so I have nothing good to talk about on my blog. I kid. I just started this blog. I've been watching bands for a long time. It's my own damn fault, really. Anyway, he was mind-numbingly superb, and I look forward to seeing him again soon.

Child Bite were their usual show-stopping spastic selves. I don't think I have ever been disappointed by one of their shows. Umm, did anyone else see Zach Norton run off stage and play on the bar? If you didn't, you obviously weren't there because it was hard to miss. I heard that he got that guitar for less than $200. Fuck yeah. I also heard that Veronica Knight, the perpetually gorgeous wife of Shawn Knight, crocheted Shawn's synth "kozie" all by herself. Now that, my friends, is talent. I have tried to knit and crochet and I have never gotten past scarves. I wish I had more "I heard"s to say about Child Bite. They are a good band to talk about.

Canada! Joe Scott! Ahhh! Made me cry. Yeah, I am a wimp. I was really sad. Especially during "Homes and Jewels." Shit, I'm starting to tear up again. OK, I'm going to end this blog now. Bye.

No comments: